Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
The Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP) is an evidence based treatment program that aims to reduce psychosocial barriers to rehabilitation progress and promotes a structured approach to the increase in involvement in meaningful daily activities, including return to work.
PGAP is completed within a 10 week program (approximately 15 hours).
- Initial assessment consultation and screening for suitability
- Recording baseline activity levels
- Structured activity scheduling
- Goal setting
- A graduated walking program
- Graded activity increase / pacing program
- Pain education
- Targeted approaches aimed at reduction of psychosocial barriers
- Monitoring progress and reflecting on achievements
- Problem solving
- Motivational enhancement
Initial, midway and final reports are used to document each person’s progress and are provided to the referring agent and the participating client. They can also be provided to the individual’s medical treatment providers with the consent of the client.